Readers’ Choice Awards are always interesting to read as they say as much about the readers as they do about the magazine. This is particularly true of the overseas hotel and desination spas. The October issue of Conde Nast Traveller includes three spa categories in its Readers’ Choice Awards for 2013. COMO Shambhala, Parrot Cay by COMO comes out tops in the overseas hotel spa category, just nudging ahead of The Spa Four Seasons Resort, Seychelles and The Spa, The Nam Hotel, Vietnam. The list goes on to include 20 overseas spa hotels in total.
Destination spas are equally illustrious and top of the list is the Parkhotel Iglis in Austria, followed very closely by COMO Shambhala Estate, Bali and then Brenner’s Park-Hotel & Spa in Germany. Criss-crossing the world, the list of destination spas includes in the top one of my favourites – Grayshott Spa in Surrey.
But it’s the list of UK Hotel Spas that I thought I would list the top 10 – these are easier to reach for my readers in the UK and much closer to home for me too. It reads like a who’se who of spas, and shows that the top end of the spa market is not only popular, but thriving.
1. The Spa at Gleneagles Hotel by ESPA, The Gleneagles Hotel, Perthshire
2. Cowshed Spa, Babington House, Somerset
3. The Spa, Coworth Park, Berkshire
4. ESPA Life at Corinthia, Corinthia Hotel London
5. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London
6. Herb House Spa, Lime Wood, Hampshire
7. Guerlain Spa, The Caledonian, Edinburgh
8. The Spa Lucknam Park Hotel, Wiltshire
9. The Bulgari Spa, Bulgari Hotel, London
10. Sequoia, The Grove, Hertfordshire
This list goes on to include a total of 15. So there you have it – if you read Conde Nast Traveller or like what it’s all about – then these spas will certainly appeal. They really are some of the very best. Grab the October issue of the magazine as it reveals the best airlines, cruise companies, cities, countries and hotels too.
Conde Nast Traveller – October is out now.
Pictured above: The Spa at Gleneagles Hotel by ESPA